One of my favorite things to use my Instant Pot for is chili. The combination of the saute function and the pressure cooking allows for the same great flavors that simmering on a stovetop takes hours to accomplish. Plus, if you follow Weight Watchers, this chili is only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint! So it’s delicious and guilt free.
1 lb lean ground turkey breast
1 chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups regular chicken broth
2 10 oz. cans of Rotel fire roasted diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 15 oz. can black beans
1 15 oz. can kidney beans
1 15 oz. can pinto beans
Shredded cheese and sour cream for topping (optional)
- Push the saute button on your Instant Pot. Heat olive oil and stir in chopped onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add in ground turkey breast, stirring frequently until all fully browned and broken up. Click the “cancel” button and add in garlic.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, Italian seasoning, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Stir to combine. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot (this is important to avoid a “burn” message during pressure cooking!).
- This next step is also important to avoid the “burn” notice: Layer the Rotel fire roasted tomatoes and beans on top of the meat mixture and DO NOT STIR IN!!
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to “sealing.” Pressure cook on high for 12 minutes. Note: It will take longer than 12 minutes because the pressure needs build first.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes (your pot should read LO:10).
- After 10 minutes, do a quick release of the pressure (be careful not to burn yourself, use an oven mitt or dish towel).
- Once pressure if fully released and the float valve drops, stir the chili and serve with your favorite toppings!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 1 point per serving with no toppings. Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app.
Print a copy of this recipe for your recipe binder!