I’m always looking for tasty, healthy, and filling breakfasts, but many things fall short. Granola bars or protein bars are always more Weight Watchers points than I want them to be, and they don’t keep me full. Eggs and nuts are great, but don’t satisfy my morning sweet tooth. That’s why when I made these Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins using Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Pancake Mix, I was so pleasantly surprised with how delicious they were for only 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints!
2 very ripe bananas
1 cup plain almond milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
- Measure 2 cups of the Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Power Mix – Buttermilk into a large mixing bowl. Add in the salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash up two overripe bananas. Mix in the egg, almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix well to combine. (Add a little extra maple syrup for more sweetness).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine. Fold in chocolate chips, saving some to sprinkle on the top of each muffin.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or nonstick spray. Pour batter in, filling each muffin area 3/4 of the way up. Sprinkle the tops with some chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-26 minutes. Use the toothpick test to make sure muffins are fully cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin. Then, transfer to a wire cooling rack. Wrap individually to eat the next day!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 4 points for one muffin. Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app.
Print a copy of this recipe for your recipe binder!