One of my absolute favorite classic Italian-American dishes is chicken parm. The one thing I hate about it is pan frying the chicken and having all that greasy mess in my house and in my food. Enter the air fryer! This air fried recipe is delicious, crispy, and flavorful!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin cutlets (about 6-8)
1 1/4 cups Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup all purpose flour
Olive oil spray
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups tomato/marinara sauce of choice
- Prepare three shallow bowls. Fill one bowl with the flour, one with the egg beaten with a little water to thin it out, and one with the breadcrumbs mixed with the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Pat each piece of chicken dry. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour. Shake off excess. Then, dip in the egg. Finally, coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Set your air fryer to 375 degrees F. Spray the basket lightly with olive oil spray. Place chicken in air fryer in an even layer (you will most likely have to work in batches). Lightly spray the top of the chicken with the olive oil spray.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on one side until chicken starts to look crispy and browned. Then, flip chicken in air fryer using tongs.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Spoon tomato/marinara sauce onto cooked chicken in the air fryer. Then, layer with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the air fryer for an additional 2 minutes, or until melted to your liking!
- Serve with pasta or your favorite veggie!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 5 points per serving (6 servings total). Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app.
Print a copy for your recipe binder!