One of my go-to Instant Pot meals for meal prepping is this easy shredded salsa chicken. You can put them in rice bowls, flour/corn tortillas, or you can just eat it on its own with all the fixings!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa of choice
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, rinsed and drained
Rice / guacamole / sour cream for creating the bowls
- Place the chicken breasts in your Instant Pot. Cover with 1 cup water.
- Close the lid of the pot and turn the valve to “Sealing.” Set on manual pressure for 9 minutes. Allow pressure to build and cook time to complete.
- Once 9 minutes of cook time is completed, allow for 5 minutes of natural release before flipping the valve to “Venting.”
- Remove the chicken and shred. Drain liquid from the pot.
- Place shredded chicken back in the Instant Pot and place on “Saute” mode. Add in jar of salsa, taco seasoning, and drained and rinsed corn and beans.
- Stir in until flavors are combined and corn softens to your liking.
- Serve over rice, salad, tacos, etc! Top with guacamole, sour cream, cheese, etc.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 1 point per serving of chicken. Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app (calculate points for whatever you add separately).
Print a copy of this recipe for your recipe binder!