One dish that I never get sick of is a classic meatball. Now, being on Weight Watchers, I try to find some variations of meatballs that use as many 0 point foods as possible so I can pack as much flavor in without the guilt. These delicious teriyaki chicken meatballs are perfect as an appetizer or as a main dish over rice or noodles. Enjoy!
1 lb ground chicken breast
3 tbsp fresh minced ginger
3 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup minced scallions (save additional for garnish)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Canola oil spray
Salt to taste
Garlic ginger teriyaki marinade, or other Asian sauce of choice (store bought)
Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken breast, ginger, garlic, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, egg, bread crumbs, and salt. Mix well with your hands or a hand mixer until well combined.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil.
- Form meat into 20-24 small meatballs and place on the baking sheet (If the mixture feels too wet, add some extra breadcrumbs, but this mixture may feel a bit more wet and sticky than a traditional meatball! No worries!).
- Baked meatballs for 13-15 minutes, until browned and cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Turn meatballs with 5 minutes of cooking time left to avoid burning on the bottoms.
- Toss in a bowl with the garlic ginger teriyaki marinade and serve on their own for an appetizer or over rice or cauliflower rice!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 1 point per meatball with marinade. Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app.
Print a copy for your recipe binder!