One of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is the ability to cook something without having to watch it. Once you get it going, it does the work for you! Unfortunately with this recipe, you will need to put the pot pies in the oven to crisp up the crust, but the majority of the work will be done for you by the pressure cooker.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
4 cups chicken broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3 tbsp butter
1 diced yellow onion
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups cubed yellow potatoes
1 14-oz. package frozen pearl onions
1 10-oz package frozen peas
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp dried parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 egg (for egg wash)
- Set the Instant Pot to “saute mode.” Add in butter and allow to melt. Once melted, add in onions. Stir.
- Add in cubed chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until browned on the outside (not cooked through yet).
- Add in 2 cups of chicken broth, and make sure there are no bits of chicken stuck to the bottom of the pot. If there are, scrape them up with a wooden spoon.
- Add in carrots, potatoes, and frozen pearl onions. Close and lock the lid. Set to “sealing” mode.
- Set on high pressure mode for 8 minutes. Allow some time for the pressure to build.
- Once time is up, quick release to allow pressure to release.
- Depending on how much liquid you have, add in additional chicken broth. Add in frozen peas.
- Next, add in heavy cream. Determine the consistency you would like for the pot pie mixture. If serving as a soup, you may not need to thicken it. If serving as a pot pie, add flour until thickened to your liking.
- Ladle mixture into individual pot pie bowls on a baking sheet (this recipe makes about 8 servings).
- Open the crescent rolls and place two crescents over each pot pie.
- Beat 1 egg and mix with 1 tbsp water to create an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash over each pot pie and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-14 minutes.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 12 points per pot pie. Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app.
Print a copy of this recipe for your recipe binder!