Some weekdays I get home from work and just don’t have it in me to prepare a meal. But, on those days I also realize that the amount of time it would take me to wait for a delivery meal, I could have a much healthier and easier option at my fingertips. That’s when these 15-minute chicken fajitas come into play! I buy precut fajita veggies, a simmer sauce, and stir fry chicken to make this meal SO easy and SO good! This semi-homemade meal will be sure to please everyone while giving you your night back!
1 yellow onion, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1.5 lbs chicken breast (I bought the stir fry cut chicken to make it easier!)
1 package of Frontera Fajita Skillet Sauce with chipotle + lime
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cumin to taste
8 flour tortillas
2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet. Cook fajita veggies (onion, peppers) in the oil until they start to get a golden color (about 3-5 minutes).
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and cumin, to taste.
- Remove the veggies from the skillet to rest on a plate. Add another 1 tbsp of oil. Add in chicken, in batches if needed. Cook through until fully browned and at an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Drain excess oil from the pan.
- Pour fajita sauce into skillet until it starts to boil. Add the cooked chicken and veggies back into the skillet. Combine until well coated by the sauce. Let simmer for 2-5 minutes on low.
- Serve with heated flour tortillas!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SP: 9 points per serving (2 tortillas with fajita filling per serving!) Only 3 points with no tortillas! Points were calculated using the Recipe Builder on the WW app.
Print a copy of this recipe for your recipe binder!